Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Olive's Smile


Elliot... our sleep over best friend!
Although he likes to eat banana peel
Today I got reminded of the importance of giving back and the significant impact a human can make on an animal. As we stated our day cleaning the homes of many adorable dogs at Best Friend, I thought to myself “How cute and happy they (the dogs) look”. Then we meet Kris, our guide, and she started talking about her experience at Best Friends and how much of an impact it has had in her life, to the point that she has chosen to move to Kanab to spend the rest of her retirement time. On my walk with Kris and Olive (a dog), Kris told me the story of Olive and how much he had suffered due to a hording experience. At the moment, I got reminded of how much looks can be deceiving. Through Olive’s smile, I would have never imagined that he was a victim of animal cruelty. By the end of our work day, I became to appreciate even more all the volunteer and staff at Best Friends because they can and have truly changed the lives of many animals and people as well.
Ray and Nugget on a walk
-Esmeralda Rodriguez 

weeding at Dogtown


No comments:

Post a Comment